Monday, March 30, 2015

Robbed!

Yes hello everyone,
    Quite an interesting week.  The rains have been coming down, usually at night when we sleep, but either way it keeps the dust down.  This is definitely something that us missionaries have been waiting for.  This week there has been a lot of walking and a lot of finding.  At the end of the day we get super tired because our area is also like a kilometer away.  So walking there and back plus walking all day, makes sleeping not a hard thing to do.
      So, if you can recall from the beginning of my mission, I shared a story about coming across a muslim guy that said he saw the angel gabriel and gabriel said that the muslim guy was going to rule the world.  Well, we came across that guy again and he was very eager to tell us his story again, except this time in English.  Midway through telling his story, I said I know about your vision, and explained the rest of it.  He just stopped and stared at me and asked me if I was a prophet.  Yikes, I've been in Kajjansi long enough for him to forget me,.... a white guy.  Which is pretty impossible to do.  
       And this past week was a punch in the gut, because on friday A guy broke into my study room through window and stole a bunch of my stuff.  At first I thought he just stole a couple of things, then each day after that, I would come to a realization and say "Crap!  He stole my _______" New thing everyday.  But that's the Uganda Kampala Mission right there.  Came to church wet on sunday cuz he stole my umbrella.  The end of the week has been tough with having the spirit cuz I got frustrated really easily, but I tried to not care and tell myself that worldly things are not important.  I stayed positive and we found some pretty good people to teach.  Goes to show that in life we need to focus on the spiritual blessings in our lives, rather than the temporal blessings.
       Innocent is a guy we have been teaching who was a referral from an RM from the branch.  He's an artist that lives in Seguku and he loves coming to church.  We've been trying to teach him this past week but he's ever busy and hard to get a hold of.  We met with him on Sunday and he's feeling pumped about working towards April 12 to be baptized.  Super excited for this guy.
       Dennis is another one that we have found through tracting and he is a super humble guy.  He told us that he had some drug and alcohol problems.  We taught him about the Word of Wisdom and he has committed to quit and to live the commandment.  He's a great guy and we have seen his attitude change ever since we first met him.  
       So, I'm almost finished reading Jesus the Christ by Elder Talmage, and I've grown in my knowledge of the Savior and how personal He is to me.   Here in Uganda, religion is such a casual thing.  People will basically go to a church just because it's the thing to do.  But as missionaries, it's our job to invite others to come unto Christ, not just come unto church.  We are helping people see how the Savior truly does love them and care about them, not through words but through feelings.  I love this mission and I love my Savior.  I know that this is the only true church of Christ and that this work is the greatest work in all of the histories of work.  Lives are changed and the fold is growing larger each and every day.  I love you all and remember who you are and what you stand for.
Love,
Elder Wilson
Ps.  No pics, guy stole my SD card reader

No comments:

Post a Comment