Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter

Hey everyone! 
    I hope everyone is doing great and had a fantastic Easter.  As for me, we had two eating appointments, so Easter was dang good.  This week was a littl bit rough becuase our investigators are not making church their first priority.  We've been doing finding through tracting but we have a lot of Muslims in our area.  and it's somehow hard to teach muslims.  But overall, there is a lot that needs improvement in our area.  and we are making sure that this area of Kajjansi is well taken care of.  I've been working on focusing my efforts on using the spirit and it's not an easy thing to do.  It requires diligence, obedience, and continuous charity.  It's so important to have the spirit with us always to lead us and guide us in our lives.  This easter, I've been reflecting on the sacrifice that was made by the Savior.  It was an extreme expression of love towards all of us and our Father in Heaven, and becuase of his resurrection, we are offered the gift of eternal life.  One evening, we went with the Branch President to go and visit a family that are friends of his that are not members of the church.  We visited them and shared a small Easter message and read from the account of John about the resurrection of Christ.  The spirit filled the room and the family was moved by the message.  No doubt their increased love for the Savior was strengthened and they have a desire to learn more about the church.  I love this gospel and I love the scriptures so much.  It gives me a sense of direction and guidance in my life.  The message which us missionaries hold is the eternal truth that can never die.  Recently I finished reading Jesus the Christ by Elder Talmage and my personal relationship and knowledge of his divinity has strengthened exceedlingly.  I can't wait to watch General Conference on april 25 to receive the guidance and direction given to us from our Heavenly Father through his ordained and chosen servants.  I love you all and I hope you all have a fantastic week!
Elder Wilson
Ma boi captain getting a haircut
Mugala and I at Lake Victoria



No comments:

Post a Comment