Monday, March 9, 2015

Be the answer to someone's prayer.



So, this week has been truly a learning experience for me.  It was a little slow and we are trying really hard to find God's children that are prepared to receive the gospel.  With our finding, we have come to feel that direction in this work is simple.  And the way that we continue to find is through love.  Without love, there is no way we can help people to recognize the Savior and His invitation to come unto Him.  We were tracting in our area and we found this young man and asked if we could share a message with him.  He agreed and we started to ask about him and his background.  He told us that he doesn't believe in God, which is unusual considering that everyone here believes in God.  But he opened up to us and said it's because his mother had passed away some years back.  We assured him that God is there and He has a purpose for everything.  We shared our testimonies of God and how because of Jesus Christ and His atonement, we can be healed from the pains and sorrows of our lives.  He had a short amount of time so we couldn't share a lesson with him.  But we asked him if we could come and see him again, and he paused for a second and said yes.  I thought he was just going to say "naw I don't believe in those sort of things" but he accepted.  As I pondered on that, I realized that there were two reasons why he invited us back.  One, was that he felt something from the spirit that made him feel good.  And two, he felt love from his heavenly father.  As I come to understand what missionary work truly is, it's extending love towards others and making known the path that our Father in Heaven has prepared for us.  I was given a great email from my bishop back home and he talked about how God works through others who have the truth to meet the needs of those who have lost faith or hope.  Something that I am always constantly striving to live is to "Be the answer to someone's prayer".  Someone out there is praying for truth, guidance, and love.  As missionaries, that is our duty.  To be the answer to someone's prayers.  I love this work and I love my Savior, and it is through Him and by Him that hearts can be changed, that truth can be revealed, and that love can be felt.  I know what i'm doing is a divine calling from the heavens and there's no greater work than this.  I love you all and have a fantastic week.  and I exhort you, to be the answer to someone else's prayers.
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment