Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hot and dusty March



What a crazy past 2 weeks we had here in Kajjansi, and let me just say that the heat is not something that we enjoy.  This month of march is supposed to be filled with some rain, but nothing yet.  And when it's that hot and no rain, the dust on the ground just destroys the cleanliness of our shoes and trousers and shirts.  So we are seriously waiting for that rain.  I'm almost to the point of trying a rain dance.  
       For some reason, I've been seeing a lot of stress come into the work.  But, stress is good, if we know how to handle it.  Elder Kapatamoyo and I have been working hard to find people that will progress towards baptism.  And we have been finding some powerful people.  We found a young man named Dennis when we tracted at his home.  He welcomed our message and he listened intently, we extended a baptism date and he accepted.  He even came to church and loved it!  We were so happy to see him there, even though he felt self conscious because he didn't have a shirt or tie.  But that will change soon.  We also got stopped by a man that works at a butcher shop whose name is Leonard.  He was just asking about our message because he's been across many different faiths before.  We taught him about the Book of Mormon and how we can know if the gospel is truly restored if we come to know that the book is true.  He accepted us to come and teach him and we offered to get him a book of mormon, but he asked for a french Bom because he understands better in French.  Leonard also came on Sunday but he had to leave early because of work.  
       I'm grateful that the Lord recognizes how weak we are but he still leads us to those being prepared to receive the restored gospel.  There are times when I just feel exhausted and just want to sleep, but I know from personal experience that the Lord only blesses us on conditions of obedience and commitment.  Being that the branch is split into two different chapels, we are assigned in the old one, but we are seeing some improvement in sacrament attendance and the branch reaching out to less actives and other members.  I'm so grateful for the learning experiences that my Father in Heaven is giving me.  Too many times I've seen small miracles here and there that help me to understand that God is there, watching us, helping us, and reaching out to us.  Serving in Africa is probably one of the greatest blessings in my life.  Because I come to know the love that our Heavenly Father has for His children here.  I love you all, have an amazing week and be the best that you can be. 
Love,
Elder Wilson
Pics:   Little Brave and a view from this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment