Monday, February 23, 2015

New Chapel



Another week!
   Yes, the week has already passed and now I am here to report.  So, over the past couple of days we have been seeing some amazing stuff happen.  For one thing, we have two young boys, Jordan and Phillip, who are sons of James, who was baptized earlier in the month, who are getting baptized this upcoming Sunday.  They have such a strong desire to learn about the gospel and their father sets a good example for them.  They love the gospel and they love the church so much.  And since James has the Aaronic Priesthood, he will have the opportunity to baptize his kids.  My heart is hurting right now just thinking about it.  Then there is also Barbara, who was baptized two weeks ago.  I remember when we first started teaching her and how she was somehow shy about us teaching her.  Now about 7 months later, everytime I see her, she is glowing with the spirit.  She has never looked happier then she does when she comes to church.  She even came to stake conference yesterday, and the stake center is really far.  It just goes to show that the Lord works in his own time.  Even if they are not fully committed at first, if you give them time, they will come to feel and understand the spirit when they exercise their faith.  She is a person I will never forget because of her faith and love for Christ.  
    So yesterday, was stake conference and Elder Hamington of the Seventy came to address the Kampala Stake.  His words were truly inspiring as he discussed the importance of faith and trust in the Lord.  Then later that same night, the chapel that has been waited for 6 months now was finally dedicated by Elder Hamington himself.  The dedication was a special moment for the members of Kajjansi because it is a fruit of all the effort that was put into sharing the gospel with others.  It was a day I've been waiting for a long time and the spirit now dwells in that newly opened chapel.
     Anyways, my companion and I had a really interesting experience.  We went to teach this referral who was apparently a retired pro boxer.  We went into his home and something was off.  Man, this guy was completely wasted.  He would just go on and on about how we need to listen to him teach us.  Even at one point he was talking about the Catholic church that he is apart of and he said," I know we worship Maria,....... and ...... and I don't know why......... and,.... who.......how did Joseph become the father of Jesus.........and........ who........uhhhhhhh who.... is Jesus"  "Raymond,..... have you been drinking today?"  "YES!!! I'm even from drinking now!"  How on earth did you know that"  Brothers and Sisters, it was the spirit.  That's how I knew....... and common sense.  Then after we were trying to leave, he kept trying to make us pick fruit off of his trees even though we didn't want any.
      I love being a missionary, there's a sense of power that I have never felt anywhere else.  It is a peaceful power that can work miracles, if we are obedient to the direction that the Lord has set.  I love the people here in Uganda.  They help me to learn a special kind of love that the Savior has for all of us.  I hope you all have a good week, and know that the gospel is what brings happiness that will last. 
Love,
Elder Wilson



No comments:

Post a Comment