Thursday, July 31, 2014

Week - 7 in Bennion West (SLC)



Hey everyone,
     This week has been quite the week.  My companion and I are working hard and having fun along the way.  As missionaries, we try to make the world a better place by bringing others closer to Christ.  I find so much joy in seeing the change that people go through.  But the only way to witness these changes is when we put our faith in God.  When we submit ourselves to his work and trust that everything will fall into place.  And when we do this, we will not only witness our investigator's joy, but we can witness our own joy in this work.  If I could suggest a scripture to help you to understand my experiences, it would be Alma 29:9.  

      Some exciting news!  The Aspeitia family are getting baptized this Saturday!  We've been working with them for a month, and they are so excited for this time in their lives.  We've been trying really hard to get them more involved in the ward and we invited them to the Ward BBQ and they came!!  I can tell that they are feeling more and more comfortable as they progress.   It's amazing what the gospel can do to help improve the attitude of life.  They are such an incredible family and I can't wait for them to have that experience together.  

       Being a missionary in Salt Lake is so crazy, but so rewarding.  After long days of biking in the hot sun or in the wet rain, the happiness I feel at the end of the day is something that I've never really felt before my mission.  I love being a missionary, and I'm incredibly joyful that I get to represent Jesus Christ at this day and age.  Have a good week everyone!

Elder Wilson

Pictures:
1.Getting a feel for my new bike
2.The coolest people around


No comments:

Post a Comment