Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Week - 5 Still in Taylorsville, Utah


Hello Friends/Family,
      The heat here is kicking my butt.  My companion said that he thinks I brought Uganda with me.  "Silly Elder, we have showers here, nothing to worry about."  Being on bikes and constantly trying to find more and more people to teach is such a workout.  But I love it.  I'm growing everyday from the experiences that I am going through.  I never thought that there would be so many people in Salt Lake that still need to hear the gospel, but they are out there.
     One family that we are teaching is the Aspeitia family and they are such a blessing even if they don't think they are.  This past week, their door got kicked in, so we helped fix it up.  We are trying to get the mother to quit smoking and she wants to as well.  We were pretty bummed when we couldn't wake them up to go to church, but we talked to them and they still want to learn more and be baptized on the 2nd of august.  The kids are so fun to be around and all I want is for that family to come closer to Christ. 
       Silly stories, but my companion traded in his mountain bike for a BMX bike.  It turns out that he has been riding bikes all his life and he said it's a great way to talk to people, because nobody expects a missionary to do tricks on a BMX bike. and he was right.  We've had so many more people to talk to!  Also, my companion and I were biking around one day, and to our astonishment, we found a small bag of drugs just laying in the street.  I won't say what it is, but it looks a little bit like sugar.  Anyways, we dumped it in the river because someone could easily pick that up and we really don't want that.  Also, now i can officially say that I ripped my pants.  One day we were playing soccer with some investigators of ours and the ball got kicked into a tree which was right above where the fence was.  I gladly volunteered to get it... Wost mistake ever.  I thought I could just simply sit down on the fence to grab it, and as I was trying to get down, *rip*.  I didn't realize that the fence had sharp posts on top.  I feel accomplished mixed with a little bit of embarrassment mixed with a little I don't care.  But that's the life of being a missionary.   
    Even though I've grown up knowing the gospel, I'm still learning how to teach it simply, because that is the hardest part in my opinion.  I'm learning so much from my companion and I plan on taking these teachings with me to Africa.  As far as my visa is concerned, I'm not sure when it will be available, but my temporary mission president has told me that they will notify him when it is.  I'm just dying to go to Africa, but If i stay for one more transfer, it wouldn't be upset because there is a lot of work to be done here.  I love this gospel and I love learning how to share it with others.  I hope you all have a good week.  And always be the best that you can be, because I believe in you and your Heavenly Father believes in you.
Elder Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment