Monday, January 25, 2016

Kampala Stake Conference

Dear people,
    January is nearly almost over, and speed of time through this transfer makes me want to cry.  But nonetheless, the work is pushing forward and there's a lot that is getting accomplished.  Last week I was not able to send an email due to an 8 hour drive from northern Uganda back to the city.  But while we were up their we had a wonderful experience doing zone conferences with the missionaries in Lira and Gulu.  On the way we crossed the Nile River and talk about tons of Baboons on the sides of the roads.  We love working with these missionaries in the north because they have such great talent to teach the gospel and they teach with power and authority.  They are doing such a great job with their branches and we are seeing a lot of good things happening.
      Yesterday was the Kampala Stake Conference and we were able to hear from Elder Mukasi from the Area Seventy.  He talked about how important it is for members to get involved more in the gospel and setting an example for our friends and families in our communities.  It was a great meeting and the spirit was very strong there.  I was also very happy to be there because I got to meet up with members from previous branches that I served in.  There's something about seeing people that you have developed strong friendships with in the past and seeing them continue to be faithful in the gospel that brings a lot of joy to the soul.  I can really relate this to Alma reuniting with the Sons of Mosiah, and the joy that he felt because he saw that they were still his brethren in the Lord. 
      This past week we have been working with President Chatfield on transfers.  The meetings that we've been having for transfer planning has been so spiritual because we discuss and focus our attention on others.  Asking the Lord what needs to be done to help these missionaries brings so much peace because I start to feel and see the spirit working in our mission president.  Such a cool experience. 
     Anyways, the work is great.  I'm living up as much as I can with the time that I have.  I'm just super grateful for the Atonement of Christ and the Restoration of divine truths and priesthood authority.  I thank my Heavenly Father each and every day for the opportunity to serve Him in this part of the world.  I love the Book of Mormon and the direction that it gives me in my life, and I love sharing that with other people.  Be strong and Stay the course

Elder Wilson

pics:  Brother Emmanuel just got called to serve in Ghana Cape Coast
         Tallest boys in the mission


No comments:

Post a Comment