Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Praying for others

Dear friends and fam,
     It's been a long but good week.  For one thing, I'm back in Uganda, in the mother country of the mission.  It felt super weird because my mind was so set in Rwanda, and now that I'm back, it just doesn't feel real.  But I'm enjoying my time here.  The past week was a little stressful because I've been trying to get my passport from Rwanda immigration but they said at the last minute that I needed to apply for an exit visa, and so I had to cancel a flight and wait a couple of days, and then they pushed it back a couple days later, so I had to cancel another flight.  So I finally made it just a few days ago.  And we went straight to work.  This week we have to do zone conferences every day this week.  And on the weekend we are going to be traveling to the north of the country.  So I'm pretty stoked for this upcoming week.  So far, nothing to crazy has happened except today as we were driving we saw a completely naked man just walking casually down the sidewalk.......... that's #2 on mission and hopefully the last.
       Something that I've been able to find great importance in is the duty and responsibility we have to pray for others.  Many a times, we always focus on what we need personally in our lives and we ask for things that always pertain to us.  But whenever I think about my life and see the lives of others here on mission, I find myself to be truly blessed of the Lord.  And many a times, the Lord wants us to be like him and put others first before ourselves.  The least that we can do is pray that blessings will fall upon the heads of the people around us.  I love the gospel and I know it's true.  I know that this church is the true church of Jesus Christ and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  Keep strong, and stay the course.

Love,
Elder Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment