Thursday, February 18, 2016

It's my birthday!

Dear people,
     The week of transfers is finally over!  On Tuesday night this past week, we went to Entebbe Airport to pick up the new missionaries.  Such a great group of young guys ready to serve the Lord.  What amazes me the most is the unity they have with each one of them.  They are a great group and we can just tell that they are going to do some amazing things out in the field.  Wednesday morning we held the New Missionary Training Orientation at the Mission home.  It was great to hear their testimonies and their excitement to do the work.  It's really interesting to be apart of the beginning of these new missionaries experiences.  It makes me to think back on when I first came on mission and was in their exact same position.  To be honest, it gets me a little sentimental, but It amazes me to see the transformation that I went through over the past 20 months.  After the orientation, we took them to the Ntinda flat and transfers commenced.  All the zone leaders in the country come, dropping off and picking up missionaries.  It was a pretty hectic day, and even I had to take a van full of missionaries and drive almost 4 hours to take them to their areas.  Busy, but the work is done for the week.  Then thursday evening, we held the farewell dinner for the departing missionaries going home.  They bore powerful testimonies of the restored gospel that really moves others to become more diligent and excited about the Lord's work.  Those missionaries will be missed.
     Even the past couple of days, we went to a zone development meeting in Jinja and went on exchanges with the missionaries there.  It's really great to get out and work, because sitting in an office is not what I think of when I hear "thrust in your sickle with your might."  We had a lot of fun working with the missionaries in Jinja and Walukuba. 
    Now this next week we go on tour with President and Sister Chatfield.  Each day this next week, we have interviews with all the missionaries and we will also be watching the worldwide missionary broadcast.  Super excited for that, and I'm pretty sure that I will be watching that like 10 times.
     I'm so grateful for the restored gospel.  I've never been happier in my life than when I have been on mission.  I'm so grateful for my spiritual development that has helped me become a more mature and better individual than when I left.  I know for myself that the work is true, and that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to have true and lasting happiness in this life, and in the life to come.  I hope you all have a great week, and spend a prayer just thanking Father in Heaven for all that you have.

Elder Wilson

PS.  Woot woot!  It's my birthday, big 21.  Go do something fun for me today.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment