Monday, December 28, 2015

Back to Uganda

Hey everyone!!  Sorry about not emailing last week.  A week ago, we went to a safari national park called Akagera.  Spent the whole day driving around and gazing at magnificent beasts.  We saw zebras, giraffes, water buffalo, elephants(one of them charged at us), and other animals that reminds us of the circle of life.  We had a great time and we were super exhausted at the end of the day.  Gotta love serving the Lord in Africa. 
    Anyways, a lot has been going on.  First of all, Elder Osei-Tutu in our zone got his appendix removed.  The poor soul.  Went through a lot of pain, and had to deal with a lot, but he got the surgery and he's good as new,...... well almost.  He still has to rest all the time, so we work with his companion in their area sometimes.  He's doing good, but we lost the branch vs. missionary soccer match because of it.
     As we all know, Christmas went right by and we had an enjoyable time over here in Rwanda.  The mission president and wife came to visit us to do a zone conference and to have a Christmas party.  It was great because we ate a lot of great food, and it was nice to have company when we are so far away from the rest of the mission. 
   About 2 Sundays ago, Isabelle and Mignonne got baptized!!! Super excited for them.  We found Isabelle just in contacting on the street and she was super interested in the church.  she even wanted her daughter to get baptized so she waited for her to return from school.  They both have powerful testimonies, and what a blessing it is to witness the change in someone's life, because we decided to follow the spirit and do the Lord's work. 
     Well not to much else going on.  But there is one change.  I'm being taken out of Rwanda and going to Uganda again.  I have loved and enjoyed my time with these people and I know that the church is in good hands with the faithful members of the church.  But now I have a new chapter.  I've been called to be an assistant to the mission president so I'm heading back to Kampala.  I'm nervous and excited with this new calling but I know that if I put my trust in the Lord, He will make a difference in my life and in the lives of others.  I love you all, I hope you had a merry Christmas, and have a happy new year!!!

Love,
Elder Wilson






No comments:

Post a Comment