Monday, December 15, 2014

Testimony on change



Yes, my friends!
     So, start of another transfer with my new companion Elder Wightman.  So far so good. So since Elder Wightman is new to the area, I have had to show him around and lead the area, which I find pretty stressful.  There's so much work when you are a missionary.  And when you don't have as much experience as the other missionaries, I always wonder how much I've improved as a servant of the Lord.  
      This week I don't have that much to talk about.  But, I just want to share my testimony about change.  As a missionary, I continually have to change certain attributes or teaching tactics to help others draw closer to Christ.  And, sometimes, change is just super hard.  When someone makes a routine, it is always hard to leave that confidence that you have.  But when change comes, it can either strengthen us or bring us down.  It all depends on how we view it.  I know that after my time on my mission, home will never be the same.  But I know that if I know it's to bring me higher, then it will.  Our purpose in life is to change, to be better, to improve, to be the people that our Heavenly Father wants us to be.  My Father in Heaven has blessed me more than I deserve, and I wish more than anything that I could go back to when I first received those blessings throughout my life.  But change is what keeps us on that path to eternal life, as long as we know what to do when those changes come.  As we enter into the Christmas season, I want everyone to remember the Savior and how because of him, we are able to repent and change our lives for the better.  I love you all, have a great week, and know that I love you and your Father in Heaven loves you.
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment