Monday, December 1, 2014

A warm new month

What's up everyone,


     I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving and I hope that there were no unnecessary deaths on Black Friday, or as we like to call it here in Africa,..... Friday (New girl reference) ((But really Black Friday is not a thing here))  There is so much work to do in such a short amount of time.  I'm already about 6 months into my mission and I need to take advantage of the time that I have because it's going by fast.  The mission is a special time of your life where you have the opportunity to bless the lives of others for eternity.  That's why it's important to not waste it. 
      This past week has been full of sweat, blood, and tears...... but man, soooo much sweat.  We've been trying to find more people to teach and the Lord has blessed us slowly slowly.  We have been asking for referrals like crazy and we have gotten good feedback coming from both investigators and recent converts.
     On Sunday, Cyrus who we have been teaching was baptized!  Such a great baptismal service and the spirit was very strong there.  She is apart of a recent convert family of ours that has been away because she was in boarding school.  She truly gained a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and I'm grateful for the opportunity that I have been given to see it grow within her.  Even on this coming Sunday, we are looking at 2 more baptisms.  Josephine is a referral from missionaries from Entebbe and she is the most prepared and powerful person to receive the gospel.  She learns super quickly and she knows the gospel is true.  Bashir is someone we ran into at the middle of last transfer who has been taught by the missionaries before.  He is super crazy and funny, and he truly wants to be baptized so we are excited for him this Sunday.
      Being in Africa, all the things I eat are pretty normal but there are a few weird things that I have grown to love.  There's a fruit here called Fene or called Jackfruit that is the size of two bowling balls sitting together.  The Branch building that we serve at has a two trees that grow them all the time and man, is it good.  but wow is it weird looking.  But I was eating some one day and I'm pretty convinced that I am allergic to it because the inside of my mouth started to get itchy and my tongue started to swell a little bit. but it's not to the point of death so I might still eat it a couple more times in the future.  Also, This month is the season of insenene, which is like locusts, or grasshoppers.  I tried some myself and I have to say....... it's pretty dang good.  Everyone here eats it and they will fry that stuff up like nothing.  My companion doesn't really like it so I always eat his portions, and I ain't even mad.  Some members of the branch have seen me eat insenene and they saw that I baptized one of our investigators on Sunday, so they would call me John the Baptist, because that is what he ate in the wilderness.  No doubt, no doubt.
      I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord, especially in this part of the world.  There are so many experiences that I am having that will strengthen my faith and testimony, while I help strengthen the faith and testimonies of others.  I truly can't imagine serving my mission anywhere else except in Uganda and i'm loving every moment of it.  Have a good week everyone and remember that the Savior suffered so we don't have to.
Love,
Elder Wilson
Pics:  Cyrus' baptism!
          Family portrait (my trainer and my trainer's trainer) (try to imagine us wearing black turtle necks and blue jeans)






No comments:

Post a Comment