Monday, April 4, 2016

New temple in Zimbabwe!



What a week!  From Monday up to Sunday we’ve been going through transfer week over here in the UKM, so I apologize for not being able to write last Monday.  So that you are all up to date on what’s going on over here; Tuesday we got 5 new missionaries that flew in.  It was actually a little hectic because two of them came from the Ghana MTC and their flight was changed at the last minute, they reached us on Wednesday and that disorganized our orientation and transfers a little bit.  But there were no huge concerns.  Having this responsibility can get pretty stressful, but it’s the least that I can do for my Father in Heaven.  We even received another companion, so we are in a three sum!  Elder Afrifa joined us assistants and he is just a super powerful guy.  I’ve already learned so much from him.  Wednesday and Thursday were busy days as we were moving missionaries around to get to their areas.  And we had a ton of missionaries having to stay in our apartment.  And what added more to the craziness, the power was out the whole night.  Typical, but just going through the daily.  On Saturday, we went to do another Jiggers project over in Jinja.  We went to the same village and finished the rest of the kids that we didn’t get around to last time.  It was super great, and we always have fun doing it.  There was a man, who has the same problem of jiggers, but on a more extreme scale.  I would send you the pictures, but I think I’ll just save you the trouble.  Not gonna lie, it’s pretty gross.  But we helped him out as well. 

                Sometimes on the mission, we go through some disappointments that we can’t really avoid.  I had the opportunity to visit one of my past areas yesterday for church.  The branch had been split while I was there serving, and we decided to visit the branch that is having the most trouble in strength.  Hoping to see some people that I’ve taught before, I have found that a man and his children that I taught and who chose to be baptized, was not there.  I was told by the members that he hasn’t come to church for a long time, and he doesn’t want to be visited by anyone from the church.  That pretty much hit me like a rock.  It’s amazing how someone so prepared to receive the gospel and who welcomes the church so quickly, can turn away from it just like that.  I always think about the day where the saints will enter into the rest of the Lord.  Those who receive eternal life will dwell with God in a state of never ending happiness, but the only sadness they will have is for those that they cared about on earth, that chose different paths apart from the strait and narrow.  It’s something that we won’t be able to avoid.  This past week, I’ve been ponderizing a scripture in Mosiah 2 v41, which explains how blessed people are that keep the commandments.  And if they are faithful to the end they return to the presence of God.  Such great blessings for such simple directions.  Keep the commandments and receive eternal life.  That’s why I love this gospel so much, it’s simple but powerful.  I can’t wait to watch General Conference, because over here, we have to wait for copies to come.

                I hope everyone is having a great week.  For those of you that are having a difficult week, remember who you are.  You are a son or daughter of God.  You are of divine heritage.  You may think that you can’t live up to the challenges that life throws at you, but remember who your Father is.  Find those divine qualities every opportunity you get.  Heavenly Father loves you and I love you.  And if I don’t know you……. Well I better get to know you soon, cuz I already love ya.  God speed.


Elder Wilson

Also:  WOOT WOOT for Zimbabwe, they are getting a temple FINALLY!






No comments:

Post a Comment