Sunday, June 22, 2014

Week 2 MTC - June 21, 2014

Hello all!!
    So many great and wonderful experiences have been happening at the MTC.  I have been teaching like crazy and I have felt the spirit work through me so often.  So this is basically my last pday and it's only my second one, but I am so excited to get out into the mission field.  There has also been a little change in my mission plans.  My visa to Uganda has not come yet, so I will be serving a temporary assignment in the Utah Salt Lake City Central mission starting on Wednesday June 25.  Even though I'm a little bummed that I'm not heading to Africa yet, I'm excited to serve the people of Salt Lake for a short period of time.  I strongly believe that Heavenly Father is sending me there because someone really needs to hear the gospel message.  I don't know how long this assignment will be but when I find out I will let you know.  
     My companion (Elder Watts) and I are taking on the MTC by storm with our lessons for our investigators.  We have this one investigator named Carlos and we have been teaching him for several days, and we finally committed him to baptism!  I feel like I'm learning so much through teaching which will help me tremendously in the mission field.  We also have another investigator named Luke who's on the BYU rugby team that is trying to learn more about our church.  We have been doing so well trying to show him how much joy and happiness our Heavenly Father blesses us with when we follow His gospel.  I really can't wait to start in Salt Lake and then Uganda to share the word of God.  
       This weekend at the MTC is a special time because all the new mission presidents are coming together to meet with the first presidency.  I'm not really sure if I'm getting a new mission president in Uganda, but it would be so great if He was actually here.  Anyway, I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be at the Provo MTC.  I keep thinking of ways to improve myself as a missionary, but then I realize that that will take time and with the Lords help, I will be able to accomplish anything.  Love you all, you are in my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment