Tuesday, March 8, 2016

2 extra weeks for transfers


So, I haven't been able to type a letter the past two weeks because our P-days have been hosed.  Last Monday, we were even in Rwanda, which was super fun and exciting.  But anyway, these past couple of weeks have been great.
    We have just finished up interviews at the mission home, and they have been really great.  Throughout interviews, we've had the missionaries watch the missionary broadcast that was put together in January, and I'm pretty sure that I've watched that thing like 11 times.  It's gotten to the point where I can quote the missionary department in their talks and training.  But now it's all over and I must say, that broadcast was truly inspired of God.  I've been seeing the missionaries changing their teaching and finding methods.  A lot of improvement is taking place and we are starting to see good things happen because of that broadcast. 
     Also, I said we went to Rwanda.  Super great.  We went for interviews for the missionaries there, but the branches in Rwanda were putting together a branch conference for all three branches.  Super great turnout and the meeting was held at a hotel conference room.  I've only been away from Rwanda for 2 months but it was like coming home.  I was so happy to see so many friends and members that I truly love.  The Lord is truly blessing the church there, because the foundation of the church there is growing stronger and stronger.  Even though I was there for one transfer, I'm just glad that I had the opportunity to serve there.  It truly was God's will that I go there. 
    So now we are finished with interviews and now we are getting into preparing for transfers.  It's actually super weird because this transfer is an 8 week transfer because of the MTC change for english speakers.  So right now it's week 6 and we haven't even started transfers.  So, we'll be a bit busy, the next couple of weeks. 
    This past weekend was quite a testimony booster for me.  There's just such great power in fasting and prayer.  I have committed myself to improving in every aspect of my life and I allowed the Lord to assist me in doing so.  My testimony has grown a lot just from simple pondering, I've felt the Spirit more abundantly.  I know that Christ lives.  and He has restored His church through the Prophet Joseph Smith.  I know that he saw God the Father and Jesus Christ and he did Not lie about it.  We are reading the Book of Mormon as a mission for 90 days, and I'm focusing my study on obedience to the commandments of God.  I've been able to understand more and more about the way the Lord works through His commandments.  I love this gospel, it's the only way to true and lasting happiness.  Think about what you can do to improve this week, find ways to be more happy and increase in your faith.  The Lord will help you if you feel like you can't do it.  Have a great week!

Elder Wilson



No comments:

Post a Comment